Saturday, July 2, 2011

Faux Poured Fondant

I made cupcakes not to long ago and decided to try a new method with my icing. I didn't want to make poured fondant, so I faked it. Here is how I did it. Enjoy and thanks for looking.


 Buy store bought icing, color it the desired color of choice with food coloring. Melt it in the microwave 15 seconds at a time until you get this consistency.


 You can pour the icing right onto the cupcakes.


 You can also dip the cupcakes right into the bowl.


Here is the end result of the cupcake. I did have to keep microwaving the icing every couple of cupcakes to make sure it was the right consistency. I hope this helps and have fun!



This is the end result. It says "Congratulations Yasmine" My sister-n-law graduated cosmetology school. I had some extra fondant flowers left over from a cake I did a couple days prior. So I just put a little icing and "glued" them onto the cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment